Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Driving Distance to Broken Bow?
- Dallas, TX -198 miles (3-3.5 hour drive)
- Oklahoma City, OK -255 miles (4 Hour drive)
- Tulsa, OK-215 miles (3.5 hour drive)
- Shreveport, LA-156 miles (3 hour drive)
- Tyler, TX-151 miles (3 hour drive)
- Longview, TX-138 miles (2.5 hour drive)
Where are your cabins located?
- Our cabins are located just off US HWY 259 N in Hochatown, OK. Hochatown is an unincorporated community 12 miles North of Broken Bow, OK. All of our cabins are minutes from Broken Bow Lake, Beavers Bend State Park, the Mountain Fork River, and several Hochatown restaurants.
How will I find my Cabin?
- You will receive directions from Broken Bow to your cabin, as well as your cabins key code, by e-mail upon making your reservation.
When will my credit card by charged?
- The $50 per night non-refundable deposit will be charged to your credit card right away. This deposit will be applied to your balance, which is charged to your card 14 days prior to your arrival for a 1 or 2 bedroom cabin, or 30 days prior to your arrival for major holiday and Spring Break arrivals or for a 3+ bedroom cabin.
Do you accept cash payments?
- Sorry, we do not accept any cash or check payments. A major credit card it required to make a reservation and secure a cabin.
What time is check-in/check-out?
- Check-in time is 3:00 P.M. Monday-Saturday for 1-2 bedroom cabins and after 4:00 P.M for 3+ bedroom cabins, and after 4:00 P.M. on Sundays for all cabins. We cannot allow early check ins because our cleaning staff will need ample time to prepare your cabin for your stay.
- Check-out time is by 11:00 A.M. These times are firm in order to allow adequate time for cleaning between guests.
How do we check in?
- There is not a central check in office. Once your reservation is confirmed, you will receive an email with detailed driving directions along with the key code for your door. Please print these instructions when you receive them as cell phone service is limited in our area.
Will daily housekeeping services be provided?
- No, we do not provide daily housekeeping services. Each cabin is stocked with starter supplies. Re-stocking may be applicable for extended stays. This will be coordinated ahead of time.
What do we need to bring?
- Our cabins are fully furnished. The only thing you need to bring is personal hygiene items, clothes, and food. We will provide fully furnished kitchens, grills, towels and linens.
Is there cell phone service in the area?
- Yes, but very limited. U.S. Cellular, AT&T and Cingular work best in our area. Cell phone service is extremely limited or no service at all inside the Beavers Bend State Park area. Most service will not work.
Are pets allowed?
- Yes, most of our cabins allow pets. Please see the description on the cabins page or the pet-friendly cabins to see which cabins allow pets. Please be sure to bathe, brush and treat your pets for fleas before coming to the cabin. Pets are not allowed on the furniture or bedding. We also request that you crate your pets while you are not in the cabin with them. Please see pet policies for more details.
Where can we buy groceries?
- Pruett’s Grocery Store in Broken Bow, Wal-Mart in Broken Bow, or Wal-Mart Supercenter in Idabel will be the most affordable options. However, there are also several convenience stores located in the Hochatown area.
What activities might we enjoy while staying with you?
- There is something for all ages at the Broken Bow Lake/Beavers Bend area. Fishing, hunting, golfing, fiver rafting, water skiing, paddle boating, canoeing, kayaking, horseback riding, go carting, hiking, biking, scuba diving, wine making and so much more. Please see our Things to Do page for more information.
Do I need a fishing license to fish?
- Yes. When fishing in the river, all ages are required to hold a valid trout stamp and people 14 & over must hold a valid Oklahoma fishing license. When fishing on Broken Bow Lake, only a permanent or temporary fishing license is required. Fishing licenses and trout stamps may be purchased at Wal-Mart, most convenient stores or the Beavers Bend State Park office.
Are there designated ATV trails in the area?
- Yes. You must have a land access permit to ride on any of the Three Rivers Trails. Permits may be purchased at Walmart, Brutons Outdoors or at many of the local convenience stores. There are no ATVs allowed on any of the cabin properties.
What about wildlife? Will I see wild animals in the area?
- Yes. All of our cabins are located in the forest. You will see rabbits, squirrels, raccoons, deer, etc. The raccoons will be on your porch at night so please be sure to keep your trash can lids secured. For your protection, take precaution against poison ivy and poisonous snakes. Bug repellant is suggested. Each property is professionally treated on a scheduled basis for interior pests, but due to the natural habitations of the forest, no refunds or compensation can be given for any problems resulting from pests inside or outside the cabin. Do not feed animals you may see around the cabin. The Cabins at Broken Bow Lake is not responsible for medical bills resulting from injuries resulting from encounters with wildlife or stray animals.
Are any of the cabins located on the lake?
- No. Broken Bow Lake is managed by the Corps of Engineers. Therefore, no cabins can be built near the water. The Cabins at Broken Bow Lake are all within minutes from the nearest boat ramp on Broken Bow Lake.